Friday, September 28, 2012

My First Yarn Wreath (Halloween themed)


This is another one of those projects that I just winged it and had no clue what I was doing until it was done. This is my first wreath of any kind and I really loved the clean look of the yarn wreaths so that's the kind I decided to make. I started with a foam wreath and a bundle of yarn. I tied the end of the yarn to the wreath and then just started wrapping. This seriously took TWO HOURS to wrap and was very boring but I was beyond happy to have it done. I had some purple tulle left over from another random project that I thought would look great with the green but I couldn't figure out how to make it into something and attach it. I finally decided to try my hand at making a tulle pom pom (I'll do a tutorial on one of those later). The pom pom can out perfect so I tied that on and hot glued a shiny skull in the middle. The letters were cut out of foam left from the Monster Squad project and then hot glued on. I had some bugs left over from my front door project (also doing that tutorial later) so I hot glued those and some googly eyes on and bing bang boom my yarn wreath looks super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment