Friday, September 7, 2012

A little paint can change everything

Painting can be one of the most cost effective ways to do a complete makeover of any room in your house. If you have a small room go with light, warm colors to make the room feel larger. If you want to redo a large room don't be afraid to go BOLD! I am definitely not shy about color nor am I afraid to use it. When we purchased our home it was beautiful and freshly painted very nice earth tones, all of our furniture and decor went well with every room BUT like I said I dream in color ;) My first room makeover I tackled was the kitchen because it was the one room I knew exactly what color I wanted it to be, RED! I have always dreamed of having red walls but when you are renting or living in government housing on base rich, dark colors are a pain to cover up and are usually not allowed so it was just never a possibility for us. Now that we OWN our walls though it was the perfect time to make my dream a reality. I picked up TONS of swatches from Lowe's and taped them to the walls with scotch tape and then just starred at them for about 3 days before I finally went with my gut and bought a sample size container of "Heirloom Red". I am so in love with the fact that every where that sells paint sells samples of all their colors now. Of course as soon as I got home I was slapping up the color on the walls and yup it was love at first sight just as I imagined, my husband even feel in love with it right away too.

Next morning I was off to the store for my gallon of "Heirloom Red" and by that afternoon my walls were complete as well as my dream. This was the first moment reality hit me that I was a home owner now and that this house was no longer "theirs" but MINE. That feeling was one of the best feelings ever (of course behind kids being born, getting married and the end of a deployment lol). Do you have a dream wall color you have yet to be able to use? If so what is it and where would you use it?
The before shots

The testing phase

Oh yeah can't wait to cover this big area
OMG YES I love it!!!!!!

Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment