Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Kitchen Plans on hold

((Happy bubble))<<<<<<<POP!!!! Yes my happy bubble was just totally popped :( I just took the measurements for the counter tops so I could get my first real quote and it's going to cost double what I was planning on spending. I could do it for WAY cheaper if I go with laminate counters or nix the new layout (which requires bigger counter tops) but I think I will just have to give up for now and save my checks. If I'm really going to do this I am going to make it perfect and do it right the first time. I am still going to paint the cabinets soon though because those aren't effected by this delay :)

I did however have a ton fun playing with the virtual room designer on Lowes' website yesterday ;) I now have my new kitchen design and layout all input into a 3D model. Hubby finally understands the vision I have had all along and loves how it will look when it's all done. Hopefully once taxes are done we will have enough left, after bills are paid, to be able to order the counter tops so I can get this show... on the road. My plan was to spend no more than $2000 but the counter tops are going to be almost $3000 so the new plan is to stay under $3500 FOR SURE!!!! That will include rearranging and painting the existing cabinets, adding 2 new base cabinets, new vent hood over the stove, new lighting, new REAL stone counters, knocking down the half wall and adding hardware to everything. I am soooooo freaking excited this kitchen is all I think and dream about. I know, I know I am a very sad person but hey some people love hiking in their free time and some people like to rebuild/reinvent their perfectly good house lol.

Here's some good pics of the kitchen now and then pics from the 3D model I created on Lowe's website. It's going to be beautiful!!!

 

2 comments:

  1. I definitely can’t wait to see the actual renovation on your kitchen! Painting the walls red is okay, as long as you have the right furniture to blend with it. Generally, the entire appearance should create a calm and cohesive space. Neutral colored walls are easiest to match with individual pieces of furniture.

    Kristopher Diss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some tips. If you want to conduct a kitchen renovation, make a list of the things that you want to improve and determine the budget you have to allot on this project. It’s important to prioritize the ones that need major improvement, so you wouldn’t end up devastated for not being able to pursue what you planned in the first place. Well, I’m still looking forward for you to come up with your dream kitchen. I can’t wait to see it after you get it all fixed up. :)

    ReplyDelete